Rules and Policies
- No skateboards or roller blades on campus.
- Bikes and non-motorized scooters must be walked on the school grounds at all times. After school, students should walk bikes on the sidewalk. All students under the age of 14 must wear a helmet. IT'S THE LAW.
- When an incident occurs, tell the adult supervisor on duty first.
- Students will be responsible for upholding PBIS Matrix and the student handbook.
- No equipment is to be brought from home. This includes: toys, radios, dangerous objects, gum, candy, soda, or Pokemon cards,
- Once at school, students may not leave campus during the day without parental permission.
Please refer to the Parent/Student Handbook for a more detailed description of Oakwood's expectations for pupil behavior and discipline.
When not wearing an Oakwood Husky T-shirt, or a coveted Top Dog T-shirt, students should follow the Oakwood School Dress Code is as stated below:
- No clothing that depicts or promotes violence, profanity, sex, gangs, drugs, smoking or alcohol.
- No clothing that is excessively revealing:
- Shoulders, stomach, and underwear must be covered
- Shorts must be fingertip length
- No sagging pants/shorts
- No tank tops
- Only Oakwood Hats or Beanies or Navy blue and white hats are allowed at school. Hats and beanies may be purchased in the office.
- No sagging pants are to be worn below the waistline, and/or low enough to reveal undergarments. Straps on overalls must be fastened.
- Only closed toe shoes and closed heel shoes are allowed due to safety reasons and P.E.
- No clothing that advocates racial, ethnic or religious prejudice.
- No make-up.
- Piercings and heavy jewelry are a safety concern and are not allowed.
- Any other clothing which the administrators determine to be inappropriate or distracting.